We’ve never been huge on vision boards, but we love a good mood board! We make them for every season and draw inspiration for our collections from them. So this year, we decided why not? 2019 is going to be our year, so we decided to put our mood, vision, and goals all in one place! Want to know what’s coming this year for Côte? Here’s a little sneak peek!
Andie’s 2019 Vision Board
To create a virtual vision board like we have (who has time to cut everything from magazines these days?), we use the app Over which let’s us place all the photos in one place as well as lots of templates on graphics for any words we wanted to add! This can easily be made in Photoshop as well. We just like to do everything from our phones!
First we head to Pinterest and get allll the virtual inspo for this year, then we put it together in Over and add all the graphics! Super simple. I then set it as my phone background so I can have a friendly little reminder every time I look down at my phone. So for those of you wondering what all my vision board means.. here you go:
1. For my vision board I added a pin that says “Girl Gang” and added a picture of girlfriends on the boat to represent my goal of adding onto our brand ambassador program this year! We love all of our babes and think the community we’ve built is so amazing, but I think we can expand it and make it even better! We can’t wait to dive deep into this one with our Côte babes, maybe getting them some more specialized merch? Who knows!
2. The next one is a photo of a girl on roller skates because I got a great pair for Christmas and this will be me next summer! So if you see a tall giraffe on wheels at the skate park, that’s me just trying to gain my confidence! And expect to see another photo shoot in skates this Spring...
3. “Be You not Them” is just a friendly reminder that we’ve built this business by being totally open and honest with all of you and while we do love getting inspiration from Pinterest and celebrities, we make everything our own! We try to be as creative as possible when it comes to styling, blog posts, photoshoots, etc. and it takes a village! So get ready for 2019! We’ve already have tons of good stuff planned for you all.
4. Pizza and champagne I added because in 2018 I lost around 10lbs due to stress and anxiety and just not really eating. And if you know me, that’s a lot! So this year I’m reminding myself to get in control of my eating habits and that everything is okay in moderation! Also, cooking daily will be a big goal for me this year! Thank goodness I got some cookbooks for Christmas!
5. And lastly, a sex and the city quote that speaks to me as a lesson to take from 2018. Putting yourself out there for the public also opens you up to criticism and that is something I had never dealt with before this past year. So whether it’s ignoring DM’s, spending a little less time on social media, or just growing a thicker skin, I’m definitely learning to just “let it go” this year and focus on myself and the business.
We’re ready for ya 2019! Now on to Abby’s goals for this year...
Abby’s Vision Board:
1. My first Inspo pic is a quote from the one and only Coco Chanel. As Andie already stated above, we are constantly brainstorming new ways to showcase our merch and brand and to give you new events, new content and new vision. We find our inspiration all around us, but we strive to build our brand on our own introspection and musing. What is it that they say, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
2. My second pic, of course, has to feature sequins. I love a good party and party dress. I want our customers to view our branding as a fun girl gang. Everyday is a blessing and we should live each to the best of our ability! So, have fun! Put on that Côte jumpsuit and have a blast!
3. My third pic is a girl in a field of sunflowers. She is my 2019 photo shoot mood. This year I want to really up our photo shoot game. I want to bring more artistic visuals and meld them with our normal spirited lens. Looking back a year ago at our pictures is like time traveling. We have come so far! I can't wait to scout more locations and show you, babes, all of our awesome look books and shoots in 2019!
4. My fourth pic is a bunch of Rosè bottles. I love the crisp color combinations featured. There is so much that we can do with shooting accessories and playing with color this year. And, really, who doesn't love a good Rosè?
5. My fifth pic is a combo of Gigi Hadid in Fendi and a model in Escada. I'm constantly reading up and researching current trends and fads in the fashion industry. Andie and I want to bring these clothing options to our babes. Côte is our dream and we are always striving to stay on top of what is hot and what is not in fashion. Be on the look out for lots of beige utility themed clothing and different shades of yellows!
6. My last pic is a quote from DVF. She is my all-time favorite designer. She is a visionary in her field, not to mention a kick-ass woman entrepreneur! I think it's always important to remember that this world owes you nothing. My dad always told me growing up that if you want something then you have to work for it. What you create out of your life is what YOU build for yourself. Côte is my dream and everyday we're hustling to make it better and bigger.
With all of that said, I'm super excited for 2019! This will be our second year at our store front location, and we already have so much planned for you babes! Stay positive and keep grinding!